Buy Group Term Life Insurance Plan For Employees
Employee benefits packages frequently include group life insurance. Many firms provide a base level of coverage at no cost to employees, with the option to purchase extra coverage through payroll deductions. Employees may also be able to purchase coverage for their wives and kids through the insurance plan.
Group term life insurance, like other forms of life insurance, pays a death benefit to your specified beneficiary if you die while the policy is active. Plum Insurance offers a group term life insurance plan with comprehensive coverage.
Table of Contents
How Does Group Life Insurance Function?
Employers usually opt for group term life insurance for their workers. It covers you for the duration of your employment with the organization. However, these regulations are not always the same from one organization to the next. Employers can choose how much of a death benefit to provide, whether to allow employees to enhance their life insurance payout, and whether to include spouses and children under the coverage.
Consider the following when you are opting for a group term life insurance:
Amount of the Coverage
The amount of coverage is important for the benefit of both the employer and employees. The amount is not usually the same for part-time employees and full-time ones. A group plan’s coverage varies depending on the company. The quantity of insurance offered to you may also vary depending on your position within the firm.
Many group insurance policies only cover a person’s base pay or a multiple of it. Bonuses, sales commissions, and other remuneration may be eliminated.
Scope of the Coverage
Since group life insurance is linked to continuing employment, it immediately expires when a person’s employment ends. To continue coverage, several insurance companies offer the option of transferring to an individual life insurance policy.
Conversion options vary by plan, are not always automatic, and may require further underwriting. The new policy may have a much higher premium.
Check the Eligibility of the Plan
Practically any type of company can buy a group term life insurance plan for the well-being of their employees. There is an age restriction of up to 65 years usually. But these criteria keep on changing from one plan to the next.
Another important factor to keep in mind is the size of the group. The number of employees you can add to a group term life insurance plan also differs from one plan to the other.
Once an employee meets the eligibility conditions, they are usually automatically enrolled in the base coverage. There might be a few requirements for employees to fulfill when being covered. Working a specific number of hours per week or working for a given amount of time are examples of such requirements.
There are various aspects that decide whether a firm’s employee is qualified to buy an extra group term insurance. This is only feasible in some plans when an employee is first hired or following a qualifying event, like the birth of a baby. Additional group term insurance can be extended to other plans during enrollment periods.
What are the Key Points of a Group Term Insurance Plan?
The benefits of group term life insurance plans are numerous, making them ideal for personnel benefit packages. The following are just a handful of the many benefits of group insurance:
- Members are open to joining the plan throughout the year.
- In the event of the insured’s death, a predetermined sum assured is given to the beneficiary.
- Add-on covers are available as riders and cover critical diseases, accidental fatalities, impairments, and other events.
- The process of applying for the group term insurance plan is quite easy.
- As an added benefit, terminal sickness is covered.
- Individual policy coverage is less expensive.
- Employees can enjoy their perks while having a good and solid relationship with their employers.
What are the Benefits of Group Term Life Insurance Plans for Employees?
Employees profit from a group term insurance plan in the following ways:
- Employees have one less thing to worry about in times of fatality, serious sickness, and or other health-related issues. When such unfortunate events occur, the employer must motivate their co-workers and staff.
- Employees can take advantage of the ease of no medical tests until their free coverage runs out.
- Premiums paid by their employers are considered privileges.
- The insurance becomes tax-free according to Section 10D of the tax laws in case of the death of the person insured.
- Simple documentation allows for easy administration.
- The plan can be tailored to fit the specific demands of the enrolled staff.
- It provides protection to the insured’s family and protects the insured’s financial interests.
Is it beneficial for employers to opt for group term life insurance plans for their employees? Contrary to popular beliefs, group term life insurance is beneficial for employers as well.
- Group life insurance products lend a helping hand to employers in handling their gratuity liability well. These funds are designed specially to take care of the gratuity payments to be made in the future. This further reduces the burden on the employer.
- Whether the funds which have been selected by the client are successful do not decide the returns that the funds will get.
- India is a country where these managing schemes related to the said group insurance are cheaper, making them more affordable.
- The employer’s cost will reduce if the fund performs better.
- There are programs that offer advantages of both life insurance as well as gratuity to the employers.